Since 1947, Brandon Elementary School has maintained a level of distinction within the Atlanta Public School System. Designated a National Blue Ribbon School and Georgia School of Excellence, Brandon has continued to uphold this reputation of exemplary academic rigor and innovation.
As an International Baccalaureate Primary Years World School, Brandon’s mission resonates in promoting a “global perspective” amongst students by requiring teachers of every grade level to teach six units of study relating to international affairs. Additionally, students attending Brandon have the opportunity to partake in the school’s Foreign Language IB program, which allows all students first through 12th grade to study French.
Brandon Elementary School has held the belief that the quality of a child’s education is the closest predictor of the quality of their future, a notion passed down by local business leader Morris Brandon himself. With over 50 certified classroom teachers at both locations, 70 percent of whom have earned advanced degrees, in addition to certified teachers specializing in areas such as art, music and gifted education (Challenge), students at Brandon Elementary School are provided the support necessary to realize their full potential and brightest futures.
Homes for Sale Near Brandon Elementary
Brandon Elementary is a Primary Years Program (PYP) school through the International Baccalaureate Organization – which sets the framework for the IB Diploma Program offered at North Atlanta High School. Students transition to the Middle Years Program at Sutton Middle School and North Atlanta High School for sixth – 10th grades. The objective of IB-PYP is to create and implement a rigorous and challenging curriculum through an international perspective.
Students enrolled in Brandon Elementary School attend one of two campuses, according to grade level. Situated at the intersection of Howell Mill and West Wesley roads, the Main Campus is designated for students, grades 2 through 5. The Primary Center, located on Margaret Mitchell Drive, was built in 2009 for Brandon’s kindergarten and first-grade students.